Fixing those never ending broken links!!

How many of you have actual websites or blogs that you create using HTML?  So you know how much maintenance they take to keep them current. 

Well, I have been updating my amazon links to their new format for weeks, and finally got all those ads on http://www.bevscountrycottage.com, changed! All 154 pages of them!  Praying they don't pull that nasty again!  

Now back to working on fixing or removing the broken links on my site. I think on my 912+ page website there are 1 million or so! Well, I am exaggerating but it feels like it!

My daughter Patti told me about http://www.brokenlinkcheck.com/ so that's what I am using to find out easily which ones don't work anymore. 


Now, if only you could click on a button and remove all the broken links... but nope, I have to open every page one at a time, and then remove the HTML for each broken link, or change it if I can find an archived version. 

I have heard that it make 'google' like your pages much better, and your readers are more likely to come and stay, or come back over and over, if the links work, (makes perfect sense). That way perhaps more people will click on the ads they like or are interested in, and just maybe, I will make enough money to keep my site online, AND be able to pay our household bills and that's a big YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!! 

So off I go to work on those links and one of these days, I will figure out a new format so that my site is mobile device friendlier.  Google ads is telling me my site needs work in that area.

I wish they knew that I am heading on the fast track to 60 years old, learned HTML over a decade ago when I was working for the Osmonds, and now there is no one to train me in updated formats and I am the only person who maintains all 912+ pages.  :)  

Oh yes, and I got my hair cut a couple of weeks ago!  Love the easy care it takes!

So I will go work on my website, and you go hug the ones you love!!
Bev

Comments

Popular Posts